Monday 30 March 2009

James McAvoy at the Empire Awards

The Empire Awards ceremony was hosted last night in the UK and James McAvoy made an appearance to receive Wanted's award for the Best Sci-fi/Superhero movie. I can't embed the video of his acceptance speech, so you can go here to watch it. Here's a transcript of his acceptance speech, and photos of James at the Empire Awards:

The Acceptance Speech

"Oh my god, I got an award from the CAG! Er, not everyone's going to get that. I wasn't sure what to say but I was inspired by another winner tonight so I think I'll just say... (adopts deep, serious tones)'stop all the clocks...' No, seriously. Please. Bullshit is all I have, to take this award away. What a brilliant year for British directors and British actors and British stories. So it's when I chose to leave for the Czech Republic and make an American-funded film about superheroes. But I really did have a cracking time and I did learn to bend bullets, and on behalf of everybody... Timur: Mad, evil, Kazakhstanian director I'd like to say thank you. Cheers!"
Photo Credit: Gareth Gay / Alpha


Photo Credit: Jeff Spicer / Alpha

Source

3 comments:

  1. WOW - I MISS him !! He needs to do more movies SOON !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those jeans... *faints*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.
    source

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails