Sunday 7 April 2013

Emun Elliott: interview

Q&A with Game of Thrones and Labyrinth star Emun Elliott, 29, who talks cruise ships, John Lennon and comfort food 
The Game of Thrones actor Emun Elliott
 
Tell us about your role in Labyrinth...
I play a 12th-century French chevalier, a sword-wielding, horse-riding knight. It’s more enjoyable when I’m disguised in some way; stepping into someone else’s shoes is part of the reason why I became an actor.

Had you read Kate Mosse’s novel before accepting the role?
I’ve been in a few things based on books but I never read them until I’m offered the job – I think it would be torture to read it and not get the part. But when I got this part I did read Labyrinth and I really enjoyed it – it’s epic and sprawling.

Ever had a career back-up plan?
I had to wait a month to find out if I’d got into drama school, and I started to look into cruise ships. So if they had taken me I would have ended up on some enormous liner singing to bored passengers. I’m glad that acting worked out.

So you’re musical?
I’ve played the violin since I was seven but stopped because there was a stage when it became ‘uncool’. I was listening to Nirvana and wanted to play the guitar, so I ditched the violin. I play guitar to this day – and piano. If there was a way to combine music with acting for a role it would be amazing.

Read more (and watch a Labyrinth trailer) at Daily Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails