Hugely popular West End and Broadway star John Barrowman has been confirmed to appear at Peterborough Arena – as part of an impressive line-up for a new event coming to the city – The Greatest Show in the Galaxy.
The TV presenter and celebrity will be wowing fans of his alter ego Captain Jack Harkness, from the hit TV show Torchwood, at the weekend event.
John will be among a number of Torchwood cast members meeting fans at the sci-fi spectacular Peterborough Arena at the East of England Showground on May 12 and 13.
Other Torchwood cast members include; Burn Gorman, Eve Myles, Naoko Mori, Gareth David-Lloyd, Kai Owen and Lachlan Nieboer.
This is the first time that event organisers Treble Ace Events have brought the show to Peterborough, giving fans the chance to snap up memorabilia from their favourite sci-fi and cult film and TV shows, and even meet the stars.
Jemma Woolfall of Treble Ace Events told ESP Magazine – “We are thrilled to be bringing The Greatest Show in the Galaxy to Peterborough Arena, which is a first class venue in which to hold an event of this size.
“We are delighted that John Barrowman will be joining us over the two-day event, which is a real coup, together with many of the Torchwood cast.”
The impressive line up of celebrity sci-fi and cult TV and film stars also includes:
- Colin Baker – the 6th Doctor in Doctor Who
- Sylvester McCoy – the 7th Doctor
- Paul McGann – the 8th Doctor
- Actor Christopher Lambert – famed for his roles in Highlander and as Tarzan in Greystoke
- The Avengers star and Pussy Galore actress – the legendary Honor Blackman.
- Actress Stephanie Beacham, who played Countess Bartholome in Star Trek
- Peter Firth who plays Sir Harry Pearce in BBC hit show Spooks
- Mark Lester and Ron Moody – aka Oliver and Fagin from the hit film Oliver!
- Blake 7’s Paul Darrow
Keith Dalton, managing director of Peterborough Arena, said – “This is a first for the venue and something completely new that we are delighted to be hosting in the city.
“The line up of stars attending this show is unprecedented for any venue in Peterborough, and it guarantees to be a weekend of true star gazing.”
Ticket prices vary according to admission times and whether there is a preference to have an autograph or photograph with your favourite star.
For details visit http://www.trebleaceevents.co.uk/ or call 01480 451792.
Source: ESP magazine