Sunday 12 February 2012

Young Scot Awards 2012: TV schoolgirl is thoroughly modern actress

She was the cute kid in David Tennant’s hit drama Single Father … now Millie Innes is in the running for a Young Scot Award. The 11-year-old has been tipped for the top after roles in CBBC show Dani’s House and BBC crime drama Case Histories. Millie, from Glasgow, has been treading the boards since she was four. The actress says Tennant and Jason Isaacs – who plays her on-screen dad in Case Histories – are now her pals. Millie, who is in P7 at Cardonald Primary School, said:
"Working with David was the most exciting thing I have done. It was my first big role and he taught me a lot. He was so good with the kids. The ladies in the office at my school kept asking me for his mobile number as they wanted to ask him out on a date. Jason has two daughters, who are younger than me, so he is used to being around children. I felt like I had known him all my life. There is going to be a second series of Case Histories and I can’t wait."
Millie, who beat 20,000 kids to the role of Maisy in Tracy Beaker spin-off Dani’s House, attends the Glasgow Academy of Musical Theatre Arts. She said:
“I love singing and dancing as well as acting and would like to be in a musical one day. I would also love a part in Coronation Street or EastEnders. “My acting hero is Hugo and Kick-Ass star Chloe Moretz. I would love to star in the type of movies she does. It would be a dream come true to go to America.”
Millie, who lives with her mum Julia, 39, dad Campbell, 49, and two-year-old brother Murray, is no stranger to awards. Last year she went on stage to collect Case Histories’ Bafta for Best Television Drama. The panto star is thrilled to be nominated for a Young Scot entertainment award. Millie said: “I got really excited when Mum told me I had been nominated.”

Her agent Alison Bruce, of Colours Management, said: “Millie’s an amazingly talented young actor who’s already impressed sometop casting directors. She’s a joy to work with.”

Remember, bands and singers should go to indemandscotland.co.uk to upload your music and enter our Best Unsigned Act category.

Source: Daily Record

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails