Sunday 26 February 2012

Kevin McKidd is donating album proceeds to charity

Kevin McKidd is donating everything he makes from a forthcoming album of traditional Scottish songs to the Save The Children charity.
The actor, who plays chief of surgery Dr Owen Hunt on TV drama Grey’s Anatomy, rented a house with friends, including music producer Nick Lloyd Webber, close to his birthplace in Elgin, Scotland, to record 29 numbers — although he told me just 15 tracks made the final cut on the LP known as the 'Speyside Sessions'.
McKidd has lived in the valley district of Los Angeles with his wife and two children for five years while shooting the hit hospital drama, but he likes to return to his native land as often as he can.
When I saw him in downtown LA on Wednesday, he told me - in between signing autographs for teenage girls - that the songs on the album include Charlie Is My Darling, John Anderson, My Jo and Both Sides Of The Tweed. But what about Mull of Kintyre?

‘We only considered songs over 100 years old,’ McKidd said, laughing as he mildly dissed the song Paul McCartney and Denny Laine wrote in the late Seventies. 'It wasn’t ancient enough!’

The actor has been busy shooting new episodes of Grey’s Anatomy, which is about to plunge him into a highly controversial storyline - but you won’t get any spoilers from me.
Read more at Daily Mail

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.
    Look At This

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails