Sunday 26 February 2012

Elaine C Smith persuades Susan Boyle to appear in musical

Susan Boyle is to make a guest appearance in the stage show charting her rise to fame. The Britain's Got Talent star has agreed to appear at the end of I Dreamed a Dream, which stars Elaine C. Smith as the singing star.

Elaine told the Sunday Mail: "Susan has become a great pal and I'd do anything for her. "We are similar in many ways - two Scottish lasses from mining villages who were supposed to get married, have kids and be quiet. "But Susan and I didn't quite turn out like that. I'm so honoured to be able to tell the story of her amazing life."

Susan added: "I am thrilled to be part of the musical and I'm looking forward to stepping on stage.
"It is an honest portrayal of my life and has been a cathartic process to be involved in."

The show will examine Susan's early life in Blackburn, West Lothian, and show what has happened to her since she became famous. Elaine said: "We are aiming for a Billy Elliot-style story which tells the rags-to-riches tale of Susan's life. When I first read the script to Susan, she got upset but then she said, `You've made me cry...but you've made me smile more'."

The musical will be the first time that Susan has been part of a nationwide tour. Her management team hope it will pave the way for a worldwide concert tour. Elaine says: "It is about trying to get Susan ready for the next stage in her career. "There's a big part of Susan's story still to be told."

Source: STV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails