Friday 15 May 2009

Ewan McGregor talks 'The Men Who Stare at Goats'



Ewan McGregor has disclosed some information about the upcoming Iraq war comedy (yes, it's a comedy) The Men Who Stare at Goats which also stars Oscar winners George Clooney and Kevin Spacey.

Ewan announced:

"Well, I play a journalist (Ronson), at the beginning of the film whose wife, who's also a journalist in this small newspaper in Ann Arbor - The Ann Arbor Daily Telegram - cheats on him with her one-armed editor, Dave. And I see her flirting with him. But then she comes clean, and she's going to leave me for this one-armed man, Dave. And I, in my misery, take myself to Iraq.

It's the beginning of the Iraq War. And I go to become embedded, but all I do is end up in a swanky hotel in Kuwait, and can't get into Iraq. I'm not embedded with any troops, so I'm stuck in this four-star hotel, having wanted to prove my manhood by going to war, you know? Where I meet George Clooney's character, and we embark on a kind of road trip through Iraq, looking for his buddies in this strange and secret section of the American Army. It's a very funny film, and I had such a lovely time working with George, and with Jeff Bridges and Kevin Spacey. And it was the four of us, and it was just hilarious. It was great fun." [Dark Horizons]

This is one film I've been looking forward to for a while so even though it looks like the original release date has been changed, I'm willing to wait. According to IMDb the film should open March 12, 2010 in the UK and a December 2009 release for the US.

Source
Source

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so good! Ewan, George Clooney and Jeff Bridged in one film can't really go wrong. It also gets my vote for the best movie title ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pretty amazing cast. So excited for this movie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails