Wednesday 21 October 2009

Ewan McGregor to present at the BAFTAs + a new interview

Ewan will appear at this year's ceremony:
The annual and classy BAFTA Awards announced some of the presenters for this year’s upcoming gala. Scheduled to appear are a mix of Yankees and Brits including Amy Adams, Bencicio Del Toro, Minnie Driver, Ewan McGregor and "Slumdog Millionaire" star Dev Patel. [HitFix]


There's also an interview with Ewan from last Sunday's LA Times. In the interview he talked about his upcoming films - The Ghost, The Men Who Stare at Goats, I Love You, Phillip Morris, and Amelia. Here's an excerpt from the interview:
You play Earhart's lover-on-the-side in "Amelia," but the part itself is fairly straightforward. What was the draw?

Hilary Swank, who plays Amelia, has been a good friend of mine for years, and we've always talked about working together. I suppose we kind of kept our eyes open for something. She called me about "Amelia" just as I arrived to start shooting "I Love You, Phillip Morris," and we struggled for quite some time, but I really wanted to make it work dates-wise. So I literally made the two films at the same time, flying back and forth from Toronto.

Have you been following the news coverage of what's been happening to him [Roman Polanski]?

No, I try not to. I was pretty upset. I don't like to think of him sitting in a prison cell. But I wouldn't comment upon it because it's a very complicated issue, you know? It seems odd. He's been living in Switzerland for years and I've visited him there, so this is all very strange.

Is there anyone you really want to work with?

Yeah, I've never worked with Johnny Depp, and I'd really love to. Kate Winslet. Rebecca Hall. Directors, I don't know. I'm odd with directors because I don't have a kind of wish list. Daniel Day-Lewis? I don't know. I think I'd like to work with him.

Do you think America is ready for "I Love You, Phillip Morris," which is based on the true story of a man who falls in love while in prison and then stages multiple successful escapes to be with his lover after his release?

It seemed to go down very well there at Sundance. It's a love story, an escape movie and a comedy, all about this man who goes to incredible lengths to be with the man he loves. I like it because it's a gay film, which is to say it's a film about two men in love, and I think that's an important element of it. But it's not a film about them being gay. They just happen to be gay. I also got to French kiss Jim Carrey a lot, and I quite like that too.

Source
Source
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails