Friday 18 September 2009

Five questions with Craig Ferguson


Craig talked to USA Today to promote his new memoir, American on Purpose, which debuts next Tuesday, October 22:

1. You've been sober for nearly 18 years. Why did you write this memoir now?

When I spoke at the White House Correspondents Dinner (January 2008), it felt like a punctuation mark. I took an inventory of my life, and it seemed like the right time to take a crack at it.

2. How did your fellow Scotsmen react when you became an American citizen?

The ones I talked to had no problem. Being an American doesn't make me any less Scottish.

3. After you dropped out of school at 16, you were a drummer in a punk rock band. What was that like?

It was a wild time. It involved a lot of drinking and fighting, but I'm not sure if I was being a punk rocker or just Scottish.

4. You've had a lot of different jobs — milkman, construction worker, stand-up comic. If the hosting gig didn't work out, what would you be?

I was happiest as a construction worker. The hours are long, the work is hard, but at the end of the day, you feel like you've done something.

5. Favorite TV guests?

I have to say Betty White. It's always a pleasure to have her. And Drew Carey. We've been friends a long time, and it's so easy when you know someone.

Craig also did an interview for the September 28 issue of People magazine. Someone was cool enough to post scans of the article, which you can see here.

Source
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails