Wednesday 2 June 2010

A quick chat with John Barrowman


What's on TV points us to this very short interview with John Barrowman:
John Barrowman talks about his guest role as a baddie in Desperate Housewives (C4, Wednesday, June 2)...

Will you be watching yourself on TV?
“I always read about actors saying they can’t bear to watch themselves on TV, but I’m not like that. I love watching myself! I’ll be getting the popcorn out and the vodka tonics and I will be jumping up and down. When I saw it in America with my friends, we had cocktails and they all applauded when I walked on screen. I am so chuffed by it.”

How did it come about?
“The exec producer Marc Cherry loved my character Captain Jack in Torchwood. He contacted me when I was in LA last April doing something for Children In Need. We had a meeting and he told me he wanted to have me sooner rather than later. It’s unbelievable when somebody from one of the top TV shows in the world tells you that!”

What was filming like?
“It is filmed at Universal Studios which I remember visiting as a kid – they filmed shows like The Munsters there. I never dreamed I’d one day be working there!”

And how did you get on with the cast?
“I play Angie Bolen’s long lost ex who's been looking for Angie for 20 years and we got on great. I was like her long-lost brother. And Eva Longoria liked me because I have a naughty sense of humour.”

You lived in America from the age of nine. Will you go back?
“I really enjoyed working in America. I had a lot of fun and I got to see lots of family and friends - including Russell T Davies - but after nine weeks of filming, I was ready to come back. The UK is my home, I have a lovely place on the Welsh coast which I share with my partner Scott. It’s in a cul-de-sac and my back garden goes down on to the beach.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails