Thursday 29 May 2008

Lost without Desmond...


Would be a nightmare - less intriguing (what is Lost without the intrigue), less sexy, and less Scottish. I'm getting cranky just thinking about it. Despite all this, Henry Ian Cusick, who plays Desmond, recently hinted that he may not stick around until the show's end:
"Since he's not one of the Oceanic Six, my thinking is he's on the island. I am guessing there are some survivors and if they have the Oceanic Six that wants to go back, I am guessing some people are alive on the island and maybe Desmond is part of it. Or maybe not. Does he find Penny? I don't know."
Then again, death on Lost isn't really what it seems - sometimes death is only the beginning on that show. Some, however are speculating that Desmond's fate won't be revealed in the season finale because Penny will appear in the episode, leaving audiences with yet another cliffhanger. Anyway, the two hour season finale of Lost is on tomorrow on ABC.

Source: Washington Post via Undeniable Destiny - A Henry Ian Cusick fansite
Photo from Lostpedia

5 comments:

  1. I'm not worried. D&C love both Des and Penny. And we've seen in S04 how much Des is connected to the island with his connection to Widmore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Mostly because I think his story with Penny isn't nearly close to being resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't want to risk 'spoilers' - has everyone seen the Finale?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if people outside of the U.S. (or people who get American TV) have gotten to see the finale, but I'll put a giant SPOILER title over anything if a spoiler comes to mind.

    Without giving too much away:


    I thought Desmond's resolution was happy but also a little anti-climactic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed his 'conclusion' very much - but perhaps they could not do all they wanted to, with the shortened season?

    Overall, I liked the finale very much - very 'typical' LOST - emotional, intense & with a bit of humor too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails