Tuesday 25 October 2011

New Pics From ‘My Week With Marilyn’



Directed by Simon Curtis, the plot centers on Marilyn Monroe’s friendship with young Englishman Colin Clark while in the U.K. shooting “The Prince and the Showgirl,” as well as her tempestuous relationship with director/co-star Laurence Olivier.

Eddie Redmayne plays Clark, with Kenneth Branagh taking on the mantle of Olivier, and Julia Ormond as Olivier’s wife Vivien Leigh. Whatever you might say about the movie, it certainly looks handsomely put together, but whether it comes to life beyond the impeccable costuming and set design is a matter that will be debated over the coming weeks and months as the campaign for the movie truly heats up. Judi Dench, Dougray Scott, Derek Jacobi, Dominic Cooper and Emma Watson round out the cast.

My Week With Marilyn” will start rolling out into theaters on Thanksgiving Weekend.

Indie Wire has a selection of new photos from the film, which can be seen here

1 comment:

  1. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have.
    Home Page

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails