Monday 5 September 2011

David Tennant hopes for Fright Night sequel



If you enjoyed watching David Tennant in Fright Night, you’ll be pleased to know that he’s more than willing to reprise his role as a vampire slayer. If the film does well, there is talk of making a sequel or two – and David is happy to stick around for as long as they are being produced. Although he points out that, as the years go by, he will want to keep more clothes on.

“There might be another couple of films,” he says. “I’ll still be there at 75, hopefully keeping my shirt on by then. I would be a fool to say no to a sequel, especially as I had such a good time on this one. I’d love to see Peter Vincent and Charley Brewster together again. By the end of the movie there’s a rather unconventional but charming friendship between the two of them. It would be nice to see where that could go next. And although we uncover some of Vincent’s dark history, I’m sure there’s more where that came from.”

David is full of praise for his co-stars, but they are even more effusive about the joy of working with him.

“David’s wonderful,” gushes Anton Yelchin who plays fellow vampire hunter Charley Brewster. “He’s the nicest man, just charming and funny and really, really bright and just a pleasure to be around and work with.”

David is currently on the West End stage with Catherine Tate in Much Ado About Nothing.
NB Much Ado About Nothing ended on 3 September

“I’m quite greedy for the variety, I think,” he muses. “I love the fact I’m doing Shakespeare and then talking about vampires. That’s what I’d always hoped I’d manage to do, to mix things up like that. It’s ideal really, if I can do a film and then a play and then a bit of telly and then a radio play and then an audio book. I love the fact I’m in a job where I get to do all those different things.”

Source: Sunday Mercury

1 comment:

  1. Chevy Van Turbocharger
    Hat’s off. Well done, as we know that “hard work always pays off”, after a long struggle with sincere effort it’s done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails