Sunday 10 March 2013

Daniel Kerr: BAFTA nomination for 'The Wee Man'

Schoolboy actor nominated for Bafta for role in gangster drama


Screen star: Daniel Kerr, 12, is in line for a Bafta New Talent Award. Photo source: STV
A 12-year-old actor who portrayed notorious Glasgow gangster Paul Ferris in the film The Wee Man has been nominated for a Bafta.
Daniel Kerr from Glasgow is one of more than 30 nominees for this year's Bafta New Talent Awards, which recognise stand-out work across several categories including acting, writing and animation.
The first-year Bearsden Academy pupil said his nomination was "amazing".
He said: "It just feels amazing to be nominated, I can't believe it.
"When I told my dad when I was younger that I wanted to be an actor, I never imagined I'd be nominated for a Bafta."

The winners will be announced at a ceremony hosted by broadcaster Muriel Gray in Oran Mor, Glasgow, on March 21.
Read more at STV

Also reported by
BBC


Scotsman


Daily Record

The Scottish Sun
and many others

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails